Saturday, June 5, 2010

Pre-Camp

Today I spent the majority of my time at Camp. Although i'll be going there officially in 4 days for the summer, I couldn't resist an opportunity to visit. Alicia and I went up to work on the computers there. I mostly worked on the camp website, with the help of Alicia of course. It was fun but also frustrating because folders and files were everywhere and there were still stuff on the website from 1998 and stuff. So I weeded out what I think is all the old stuff. The camp uses frontpage to manage the website. It is very disorganized. Stuff is everywhere. I'm not sure what everything is. There's random files that are named weird things. It's just crazy. It'd be so much better if the camp started a new website and everything was fresh.

Besides working on the computer, we got to hang out with Jack and Becky. It is always fun. We had dinner, reminisced about old times, talked about the upcoming summer and all the improvements the camp is making. One thing that really saddens me is that the board decided to get rid of the little red bridges we have, separating the girls from the boys side and a way to cross over the lovely moat we have at camp. I guess they will put some sort of other bridge in, but it won't be the same! Alicia and I were sad. So we had a photo shoot with the bridge. This is us looking sad. Because we were.



We also had a lovely time down by the beach at sunset and playing the bongo's in the chapel and sitting/spinning on the gigantic tire swing. It was a lovely day. :) I so cannot wait for camp!

No comments:

Post a Comment