Thursday, June 3, 2010

"Deer is dumb."

Yesterday was such an amazing day I feel the need to blog about it.

I woke up at 7 am, after sleeping for 3 hours to help clean the house. (This was not the exciting part.) My grandparents came at 10 am and brought with them my car! Oh beautiful car! I have missed you!

I got a lecture though, about how my car was dirty and smelled like camp when they got it. Because well...they got it shortly after camp, so yes, smelled like camp...and because I drove people in wet swimsuits up to their cabins because walking up a hill in the middle of the night in a forest is a very scary thing to do. And also, there was a lot of sand in my car because of that. And some people spilled pop in my back seat.

So I cleaned it up. My trunk smells like lake. Which is sick. So I still need to work on that, but the rest of my car just smells like chemicals. So at least it's not like lake, and the plus side is, I might get high while driving. Who knows.

My grandparents stayed for a long time. We hung out, my grandpa helped fix some things around our house and yard and my grandma took me to get some stuff. We grilled stuff for dinner, which wasn't really all that exciting because i'm a vegetarian but oh well. And we celebrated my brother James and Josh's birthdays.

Anyway, fast forward to like 8:30. I met with Brittany, i'm so so excited she lives in Pine City. We talked about her Stint project with Campus Crusades and what she'll be doing in East Asia for a year. And we talked about life. And we ate ice cream. It was glorious. Afterwards, it was like 10, so I went to Alicia's house and we hung out and drove around Pine trying to find something to do. Wound up driving to Cambridge just go to to Perkins. It was around midnight at this time and very dark outside. I was going really slow because it's scary and there might be animals. Well, there were animals. Lots of them. I was on highway 70 when a pair of floaty eyes drifted across the road in front of me. Freaked the hell out of me. It didn't register that it was an animal until I asked Alicia about it a few minutes later. (I think the chemicals I used for cleaning my car were starting to sink in.) A little while later, I was driving just past Braham when a deer was on the side of the road. I gasped. Slammed on my breaks. Even though it was on the SIDE of the road, like...it had already crossed. But who knows man, it could have changed its mind and bounded across the road again to the other side. After my gasp, I exclaimed "THAT'S A FRICKIN' DEER! DEER IS DUMB" in that exact wordage. Alicia and I laughed about my grammatical error in that statement. Pretty much all the way to Cambridge.

Perkins was lovely. My bacon was crispy. Life was good. We got the bill and then I realized I had left both of my cards at home. I emptied my purse and scoured through it feeling like an idiot. I had like $6 on me. It covered most of my meal. I owe Alicia some money...

Driving back home was an experience. I was starting to get tired because I only had like 3 hours of sleep. I drove really slow again. Saw like two more deer in which, i stopped again and honked at them. Because they were in the middle of the road, stupid, dumb deer. *sigh* It was pretty adventurous. I got home at 3 am and crashed. It was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment