Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I'm only gunna break your heart.

Much earlier today I was on my way home from St. Cloud. I had talked to my advisor, submitted necessary papers to the appeal office and stocked up on powdered sugar donuts and orange crush. (I didn't have breakfast this morning man!) It was time to go home. The sun was shining. The birds were chirping. The squirrels were roaming about campus. Two ducks crossed my path by Centennial Hall. It's summer man. There's nothing better than taking a long drive down a almost-country road. Though, I would prefer that the road was not highway 95. Because highway 95 sucks. There's usually always some annoying drivers and ridiculous trucks. And one thing about 95, it's almost impossible to pass those bastards. See, I have road rage, even when not on the road. Going 50 in a 55 annoys the hell out of me. If you're not going to speed then at least do the bloody speed limit people! Seriously, if I was driving, i'd be doing at least 65. But anyway, it felt amazing to sip orange pop and listen to secular pop music on the radio. Usually I deem pop music as trash. Except for when it isn't. And a lot of trashy music came on, and Emily and I laughed at the dumb lyrics and the fact that these singers are making millions of dollars for singing vowels. Seriously, Rihanna has two songs where that's basically all she's doing. In "Umbrella" the whole long spiel where she sings the letter a. Over and over again. Very catchy, but i'm betting most everyone can do that. And then again in one of her newer songs collaborated with T.I and based on the popular "Numa Numa" song (again it's just vowels) is, "Live your Life" where again, the chorus is made up of mostly singing the letter A. Anyone sounds good singing that. My mom sounds good singing that. And that's saying a lot here people!
Emily, Molly and I have "a song" which we crank up on the radio whenever it's playing, jam out and sing at the top of our lungs. That song came on the radio today, and what song is that you might ask? Um...it's "Break Your Heart" by Taio Cruz and Ludacris. *Blush* Yes, it is a godawful song. And yes, I really don't know the words other than the chorus. And yes, it has an awful message. But something about singing "i'm only gunna break break break break your heart!" in a really upbeat way, really loudly is kind of fun. Okay, a lot of fun. It's kinda funny that I even like that song, well, I mainly like the chorus, but it talks about guys breaking girls hearts. Meh. Not exactly cheerful, but the tune is pretty catchy. Listen for yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8gjZldgpXY

So yes, singing those songs really loudly, sipping orange pop, and driving on a long road on a hot summer day = amazing.

Too bad i'm now home. Gah. Total countdown until i'm gone again is 2 weeks! And hey! I get my car back in a week! Hallelujah. I miss my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment