Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thoughts.

Oh man. I was SO CLOSE to posting on wednesday. If we're going to get technical, it's currently 12:01 thursday morning. But i'm going to pretend it's wednesday. :P

I really don't have a long post tonight. It was a pretty decent day. School was school and I had bible study today and that was really good. We basically just got all caught up with each other and talked about our Christmas breaks.

I also made a debut into a youtube video randomly.

I have learned today how easy it is to have idols. After a lot of thinking in Garvey, and I do mean a lot, I sat in Garvey from 3:15-5, I have realized just how many things I put above my relationship with God.

You know, some days, I don't even try. I feel really guilty saying that but it's completely true. Some days I completely shove God out of the picture and focus on my agenda and my plans. Dumb. That's SO DUMB!

I have realized this as I have spent every day wasting time. I haven't really done my homework. Or cleaned. Or prayed. Or read my bible. All of which are very important. Especially the last two. I've been on facebook a lot. I've spent a lot of times with friends which was really fun and I made a lot of memories, but really, sometimes I elevate friends above God. If I were to have a list of things/people that are most important on my list, right now I don't think God would be in the number one spot. And right now that breaks my heart and i'm sure it breaks God's heart too. He want's so much to be on that number one spot in my life and everyone's life.

Last semester, I felt like I wasn't really getting out there all that much, and I just wanted to take full advantage of opportunities that come my way to hang out with different people and to make sure i'm not just stuck in my all day every day. But I think I now know how dangerous this actually is to me. It's time to get back to the basics and work on my relationship with God and make sure he is number one in my life.

So, if you don't hear from me...i'm hoping that it is because i'm busy reading my Bible...

No comments:

Post a Comment