Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Living life a little more recklessly.

So. After just downing a bowl of easy-mac, I thought to myself... "hmmm, i'm going to post a blog post every day..." So before that moods leaves me, I thought I should probably act on it.

I woke up this morning at the ripe ol' hour of 8:30. It was not very pleasant because I had become accustomed to sleeping in to almost noon all weekend long. I'm still not fully awake but hopefully my can of pepsi will fix that soon.

I had my educational psychology class this morning. It was a bore. It was pretty much the same lecture I have had in other Psych classes i've taken. We watched a lame movie. I had my eyes closed most of the time. It was nice. But anyway, this post so far bores me as i'm sure it bores you.

I have recently stumbled upon this website: http://www.kerismith.com/blog/ Keri Smith is the author of Wreck This Journal, a journal in which you of course um...wreck it. The warning in the book says:

Warning: During the process of this book you will get dirty. You may find yourself covered in paint, or any other number of foreign substances. You will get wet. You may be asked to do things you question. You may grieve for the perfect state that you found the book in. you may begin to see creative destruction everywhere. you may begin to live more recklessly.

Wreck this Journal is an amazing book. It was recommended to me by my roommate and best friend, Betsy. She of course had one, and was wrecking it all summer long while I was at camp. She told me stories of how it was dragged behind her car, thrown into corn fields, dropped from high ladders, thrown against walls and people, used for hot potato, and all sorts of things. And I, I really love books. It makes me sad to see covers being torn away from books. I love it when they are nice and clean. Defacing the cover of my journal was a very hard thing for me to do. But it is kind of worth it. I have begun to live a little more recklessly. Thank you, Keri Smith.

And as for everyone else, I highly suggest you purchase your own copy of Wreck this Journal. It's currently $9.32 on amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment