Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Awakening

Awakening by Stovall Weems

I chose this book from Waterbrook Multnomah for this review, at www.waterbrookmultnomah.com/bloggingforbooks because the title and excerpt from the book intrigued me. I have found myself in this sort of rut in my spiritual relationship with God. I haven't felt very hungry for His word or felt any motivation to read His word even. I knew/know that something is not right. I deeply desire to be hungry for God.
In Weem's book, Awakening, Weem talks about stop hitting the spiritual snooze button. Which means, to stop putting off having a relationship with God. I am guilty of thinking to myself that i'll work on my relationship with God later, i'm too busy now, etc. This book will help you to stop going through the motions of a Christian life and deeply desire to know and love God.
This book also teaches you about surrendering and fasting and praying. All of which are pretty important in a christian lifestyle.
I would definitely recogmend this book to anyone who is perhaps like me and hitting the snooze button a lot and just not feeling motivated or sluggish in their faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment